knit worth

another knitting blog. Go figure....

Friday, May 19, 2006

it's almost done!

My first sock is nearing completion. I took some pictures with my cellphone while in the carpool line at Jacob’s school today. There was a lot of glare so these basically suck but you can definitely see the shape of the sock pretty well, and my white-ass skin poking through With my foot up on the dashboard:Image106.jpgA side view of the sock:Image108.jpgAnd a straighter top-down look at it - hi, toes!Image107.jpgI’m so excited. I’m definitely going to cast on the second one IMMEDIATELY following completion of the first. And I shudder to admit it but... I bought some bright orange and bright green microspun sport-weight yarn today -- I want to knit up some orange socks for the Nominator. Ack! I’m a sock-knitter! A sock-knitter who has never done a toe yet but... well...hopefully the Kitchener stitch (which always reminds me of Dr. Barb Kitchell, the veterinary oncologist I used to work with and then re-met at Penn during her job interview...) isn’t as scary as people make it out to be. It reads non-scarily. We’ll see how the actual doing goes pretty soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! Great job! I like the colors of yarn.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home