knit worth

another knitting blog. Go figure....

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ribby cardi progress


I have sleevage!

IMG_6113.jpg

So, those are the two sleeves, which are done in 2x2 ribbing. I used a cable cast-on. I’m using Cascade 220 in a brown and green, duh.
That’s the beginning of the back sitting on top of the sleeves. I’m excited about my progress, which should pick up quickly now that Sofia is home (although with all the house stuff going on, maybe not, we’ll see.) I’m terrified about having to put this together, though. My previous seaming of sweaters is minimal and I really want this to be perfect. I am BEYOND terrified about having to put in a zipper but we’ll see. I guess I will try and end up with a seamstress if all else fails. Of course, I’m terrified of giving it to a seamstress who might F it up worse than I would have, too. So. SIGH. Baby steps.

A closeup of the pieces:

IMG_6115.jpg

And a surprise “extra” birthday present from my husband yesterday (he actually got me an amethyst necklace and some chocolate covered espresso beans, but then showed up with this after work )

IMG_6116.jpg

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:55 AM  
Blogger geeksbewithyou said...

I'm excited to see how that comes out. I've just started Rogue in cascade 220, and it's quite a bit of fun so far.

I've made two little cableing mistakes, but I've decided they don't bother me that much. I can't imagine how long it would take if I were a perfectionist.

12:06 AM  
Blogger geeksbewithyou said...

One more thing, did you mean stitches/4 inches with your gauge swatches?

I got 18/4 inches on size 8s.

12:09 AM  
Blogger webhill said...

Um... yeah, of course I did mean st/4 inches :) oops

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home