knit worth

another knitting blog. Go figure....

Friday, June 16, 2006

just keep knitting...

Well, I cast on for picovoli. I tried a knitted cast on, but it was way, way too loose and the first couple of rounds were all holey. Then I tried my standard simple cast on the name of which I do not know but it isn’t a long-tail one, that’s for sure . I had a similar problem. I ended up using a cable cast on, which is looking great now that I’m about a third of the way through the first set of increases, but which was really frustrating when I was joining the round - you know, it really spirals around the needle.

I have this sucker on a needle that I think is too short. I kind of fear switching to the larger size one I have, I feel like whenever I switch needles everything loosens up and gets all weird. We’ll see. I might make it through the increases ok without having to switch.

I stole an extra hour for knitting today. After I took the kids to the park in the morning, the girls both fell asleep in the car, and my son just wanted to veg in front of the TV and relax - so I left an hour before I really had to leave to go to work, and parked in the grocery store parking lot, and knitted while I listened to the NPR health and science podcasts which had accrued on my iPod. I learned that Al Gore’s new movie is actually great, and that doctors may be overprescribing anti-psychotics to children in extralabel usages with no evidence to back them up. Hooray.

I really like the fabric I’m knitting. I really hope this top comes out wearable! There is a little divot sorta thing right at the join of the first row, which I think is due to my using the method described in the Knitting Answer Book for joining a round (casting on an extra stitch, passing the last cast on stitch from the right to left, and knitting it together with the first stitch) because I have never had this problem before. I think I’ll be able to fix it in my finishing though and if not, well, whatever, my hair will hang down over it so who cares. Details, shmetails.

I think I must go to bed now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home