knit worth

another knitting blog. Go figure....

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

knit-knit-knit

I knit on picovoli today and I took the leap of faith required to decide that I had knit far enough past the armholes to start the waist shaping decreases. I did one decrease round and one even round and put it away for a while. I’m very nervous about the whole thing. I definitely think this needed short-row shaping for the bust, which I do not know how to do. When I tried it on before deciding to start decreasing, the front of the top reached almost to the bottom of the bust as specified, but the back of the top was at least an inch below that. The curse of the DD!! But I’m just going to keep knitting and hope for the best. Worst case scenario, I give it to my mom or someone whose cup does not overfloweth quite so much.

I also started another booga bag. I need to use up some of this yarn or I am in serious trouble, and I wouldn’t mind having one for myself.

I *also* scored a bunch of cheap cheap cheap acrylic-wool blend yarn from the 50 cent bin at a thrift shop. Good for charity knitting (some of it is, anyway. Some of it I wouldn’t give to my dog!) and learning some new techniques and practicing stuff with if nothing else.

1 Comments:

Blogger MiniLaura said...

Whew! It took me soooo long to figure out where you left you comment! Next time you want to comment on a very old project, please drop me an email (my address is on my blog sidebar) or at least have YOUR email address linked to your blogger account. All my comments are sent to my email, but they don't tell me which post you are commenting on. I had to go through all my archives trying to guess which project had an edging that you wanted to see.

Anyway: here you go.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home