knit worth

another knitting blog. Go figure....

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Katina's jacket


I see I never blogged about Katina’s jacket after finishing it and getting it up on Ravelry. Oops. My bad.

Pattern: Mossy Jacket by F. Pea, available online at
http://fpea.blogspot.com/2007/01/free-pattern-friday-mossy-jacket.html
Needle: US 10 / 6.0 mm knitpicks options
Yarn: Lana Grossa Bingo Mouline - purple for the trim and green tweedy color for body
How much? about 3 skeins = 264.0 yards (241.4m)

My project notes on Ravelry state that “This yarn makes a nice fabric on size 10s with 4 spi as opposed to the pattern's suggested gauge of 3.5 spi, so I am making the 18 mo size with the hope that the final measurements are close to the 12 mo size (I did the math, it should be very close).” In fact, the measurements DID come out just about the 12 mo size, so it was all good.

FO Pix:


Resting after a vigorous casting-off...


Taking a bath...


Freshly buttoned!


Good to go!

I actually loved this sweater so much, I knit it again, in a crappy acrylic, for another newborn in the family (baby Mae):




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home