knit worth

another knitting blog. Go figure....

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

FO Bonanza

Swamp Goddess Stole: that’s what I’m calling it. This is my feather-and-fan project. I CO enough stitches for 3 pattern repeats plus a border of six stitches on each side. I knit 6 rows, then started with a pattern row. The pattern is:

Row 1: knit
Row 2: purl
Row 3: [edging, so for me, K6], *{K2Tog x 3, [YO, K1] x 6, K2Tog x 3}*, repeat from * to * until time to edge, [edging, so again for me, K6]
Row 4: knit

Repeat rows 1-4 until done, then knit 5 more rows, BO. Woo hoo! I really love how this turned out and I brought it shopping today to throw over my shoulders in Starbucks (brrr) and the supermarket (brrrr brrr!). Oh, I forgot - I used size 10.5 needles, and one strand Helen's Lace held with one strand Kidsilk Haze.









Baby Kimono from Mason Dixon Knitting - this if for my new (unborn) niece, due in September. I lined the body edging with ribbon to prevent rolling. I think it came out pretty cute! I also used buttons instead of using ribbon ties to close it. I used Lily Sugar 'n Cream in a BRIGHT blue/green/yellow multicolor kitchen cotton yarn.









A “love” dishcloth/washcloth to go with a cash gift for my friend R’s upcoming wedding (done in a natural cotton to go with her natural kitchen):



And a gratuitous stash photo (this isn’t all of it, but it’s MOST of it):

1 Comments:

Blogger diana said...

Wow - your stash is so under control! Makes me want to go winnow through mine!

And congrats on the FOs! That shawl is beautiful - and you know the TW motto, "Everything's better with a strand of KidSilk Haze!"

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home