knit worth

another knitting blog. Go figure....

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

out with the old, in with the new


First, an FO - the Woodland Stole! (that link goes to the pattern)







I have a project page on Ravelry about it.

I used Handmaiden Fine Sea Silk in colorway “mineral,” and i used about 2 2/3 skeins. I used size 5 knitpicks options. I’m so pleased with this!!!

The new: I’m making myself a hat! I’m using some leftover Brooks Farm Riata - the same yarn I used for my Deaklet Scarf (Knitworth link) - for the brim and possibly a stripe or pom-pom. The body of the hat will mostly be in Mission Falls 1824 superwash wool, color 534. I used size 5 needles for the ribbing and am using 6 for the body. This is the same pattern as I used for the Husband Hat and the Bossman Hat (ravelry links).



I was going to work on this today but let’s just say the knitting force is not with me. Looong story. Anyway I can’t wait to get it done!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Hi there. I've started my own Sea Silk shawl and am curious what your final measurements were.

I've taken your suggestion and added two extra pattern repeats, but if my scale is right, it's only going to be around 40". Is that close to yours? It looks so long in your photo, but I can't really tell.

Thanks!

~A

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home