knit worth

another knitting blog. Go figure....

Friday, July 07, 2006

oh, the stupid

I went to my LYS today to get a tiny bit of help. I was at the part of picovoli where you need to cast on the stitches that become the edge of the underarm, and I wasn’t sure quite how to do it. They showed me, and I did it, and I finished the casting on round, and the following round, and then I realized I had screwed up and shorted myself by FOUR STITCHES ON EACH UNDERARM! So I had to frog those rounds, which wouldn’t have been a huge deal except that those two rounds included TWO JOININGS, due to my having finished a ball of yarn and then very shortly thereafter encountering a knot in the new ball of yarn! So that sucked. Plus, my first post-underarm round, I had used K2Tog at the edges of the underarms to tighten things up, and it is pretty hard to un-knit a K2Tog with this splitty splitty yarn (Wildflower DK). So I essentially spent three and a half hours at the LYS and ended up at the end of that time EXACTLY WHERE I WAS when I started. Except, well, now I knew how to proceed.

I did get a little bit of knitting time in later in the day and I am now back to where I was when I realized my mistake. But this was SUPPOSED to be my big “getting somewhere” day of knitting. Now it was just my “I’m a big fat fuckup” day of knitting. Hardly as good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh, I hate when that kind of thing happens too!!! I feel for you, but at least it is behind you now. I'm knitting picovoli too!

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home