knit worth

another knitting blog. Go figure....

Friday, December 15, 2006

deep breath in

I am going to swatch.
*deep cleansing breath*
I am planning a project and I AM GOING TO SWATCH.

I want to do SOMETHING with my dk weight alpaca tweed. I think that the knitting community at large has largely dissuaded me from trying to make my fantasy close-fitting ribbed v-neck pullover out of it. So now I’m thinking more along the lines of a somewhat slouchy stockinette pullover... perhaps with some ribbing at the sides a-la the ribby cardi from chicknits, I don’t know. But I do know first I have to figure out how many stitches an inch I’m getting to produce a fabric I like. So, I’m going to start a swatch today. Or possibly tomorrow if I absolutely must cast on for a hat for Naomi first but really, soon, I am going to swatch.

I think.

Unless, you know, I decide to put this yarn back in the bag and focus on the things that have to get done around here like packing and cleaning. But, no, I think I will swatch. For sure.

Unless, I don’t know, I might have to go pick up the orange I will need for when I do start Naomi’s hat since I am NOT making a 100% wool hat with a few small stripes of annoying acrilyc weird feeling yarn in there and the orange from her poncho is exactly that. If I do that I won’t have time to swatch I don’t think.

SIGH.

Swatch. I must swatch. I really want a sweater from this yarn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home