knit worth

another knitting blog. Go figure....

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

O.M.G.

OK, this is IN SANE (like Crazy Eddie!) I just found out that this blog HAS AN AVID READER!!!!!
/me waves to avid reader
Hi! It’s SO GREAT to, um, write for you??

Anyway.

I cast on for a hat to match Jacob’s sweater. I cast on 96 stitches because, well - I don’t know why. It’s DK weight. I’m using size 5s. I saw a pattern that recommended 80 stitches for a kid and 90 for a grownup and they were using worsted weight and size 7 or 8 needles. So, I totally and randomly guessed. I knitted about an inch of stockinette to make it roll and match the sweater, and now I’m doing 2x2 rib. We’ll see. It should fit SOMEONE since I have bigger and smaller heads available.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh -- is that me? Sorry if I'm creeping you out. You commented on another blog about the socio-economic status of Chestnut Hill & drinking at playdates. I'm a mom of three, live in Germantown and I knit so when I clicked though and saw it was a mom's knitting blog from a local, I added you to my 'locals' tab. As it happens, the other locals update at different times of the day, so I refresh all the tabs frequently.
So in your stats it may look like I'm refreshing your page fervently, but I'm not. (Not that you're not worthy!!! lol)

11:40 AM  
Blogger webhill said...

No, no, not creeped out at all. More like happy and excited :)

I also have three kids. I live in Lafayette Hill. I don't know if I have mentioned that in the blog... :)

2:24 PM  
Blogger geeksbewithyou said...

I think you have at least 2 regular readers!

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home