knit worth

another knitting blog. Go figure....

Monday, December 11, 2006

my so called scarf, calorimetry, and more

So, for some reason, when I started working on my so-called scarf I grabbed a bag I bought in Manhattan a couple of years ago for a few bucks from some sidewalk purse guy (I bought the bag to match an outfit at the last minute for a party; not sure what made me grab it now because it was lurking in the back of my closet all forlorn). I am loving the way it looks with this yarn, though:

bagshot.jpg calorbag2.jpg

So, yeah - that’s going to be calorimetry.

This is my weird skein of “worsted weight” Paton’s classic wool - see how the inside of the skein is worsted, but the outside is totally not?

badskein.jpginsideskein.jpgfingersskein.jpg

And there is my so called scarf, blocking; and the cats

socalledblockbit.jpgsocalledblocking.jpgtwobytwocats.jpg

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing the yarn on the outside of the skein was stretched during winding and will be worsted once it's knit & blocked.

Gorgeous, gorgeous cats!

4:44 PM  
Blogger geeksbewithyou said...

I made a "my so called scarf" swatch out of some chunky wool. I think it is the BEST pattern for varigated yarns that change colours quickly.

Yours is looking great.

10:50 PM  
Blogger webhill said...

There's no way the yarn on the outside will ever be worsted weight. It actually looks like one ply of the worsted weight, all kinda skinny and stretched. It doesn't look or feel as if it could ever be heavy and thick enough to be worsted weight. I will be weighing some and playing around with it eventually, though :)

does anyone know how to reply to a particular comment instead of posting a new general comment? Is that even possible?

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home