knit worth

another knitting blog. Go figure....

Sunday, March 11, 2007

holy moly


OK, first of all, I’m done the back and sleeves of the ribby cardi, and I’m well into the left front. That said, I’m still confused about how the decreases on this piece work. But I digress. I’m very excited about this sweater but unfortunately am having a really hard time finding time to KNIT it!

Moving on.

Yesterday I was walking around the Chestnut Hill section of Philadelphia and I went into one of those overpriced boutiques that sells outrageously expensive women’s clothing as well as items for the home. On a shelf in back I saw an assortment of felted handbags. The biggest one was about 2/3 the size of my oversized booga, and shaped like a booga with an extra-large base (so, a booga, with decreases worked so that it tapers toward the top of the bag). It didn’t have any fancy colorwork - simple stripes like mine. It was $158. In fact, all of them were $158! They were unlined, too. WTF? Who knew?


1 Comments:

Blogger geeksbewithyou said...

cool. You should make some for your fancier clients to keep their yorkies and chihuahuas in.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home